Ya'a't'eeh, Welcome to Ts'ah Bii Kin.
The Ts'ah Bii Kin Chapter is located in a rural area of the Navajo Nation approximately 5 miles North of Junction Hwy 98 & N16 and about 60 miles north of Tuba City, AZ. The Chapter House was built in the 1960. The community consists of a Senior Citizens Center, Head Start School, two convenience stores, and a Indian Health Service Clinic. According to the 2010 census, the total population of the community is 1,252 with 343 households, and the median age being 32.1. The community is predominately Navajo and Navajo continues to be the dominant language.
Ts'ah bii Kin is approximately 58 miles with 1 hour travel time from Tuba City, Arizona. And it is about 51 miles and 1 hour travel time from Kayenta, Arizona. Most community members travel to Page, Arizona for household needs and it is 59 miles with 1 hour travel time to Page. And it is 2 1/2 hrs and 134 miles from Flagstaff, Arizona.
The Ts'ah bii Kin Chapter community elects individuals to lead and to make decisions for the community. The panel of Chapter officials is a 6 member governing body which sets the policy and allocates the resources. The Chapter day to day operations is overseen by a Community Services Coordinator, Accounts Maintenance Specialist, Planner, Administrative Assistants, and Maintenance/Labor. The Planning Meetings are the 1st Sunday of the month, and the Chapter Meetings are the 3rd Sundays of the month.
CURRENT TS'AH BII KIN CHAPTER'S GOALS:
Ts'ah Bii Kin House Wiring & Electrification Initiative: Wire and electrify all homes in the community.
Solid Waste Station and Recycling Center: Provide the community with a solid waste station so community members are not traveling miles to dump their household waste, and to combat illegal dumping.
Provide adequate roads for the community, repair dirt roads by first repairing and dealing with the problems of erosion by Earthen Dams Restoration, Erosion Control, and Soil Conservation, and to pave major roads like South N 16.
Rural addressing- naming and mapping roads of Ts'ah Bii Kin Community enabling rapid emergency response.
Martha Tate, President
Geraldine Chee, Vice President
Calsey Richardson, Secretary/Treasurer
Herman Daniels, Jr., Council Delegate
Jerry Begay, Grazing Official
Ts'ah Bii Kin Administration:
Community Services Coordinator
Accounts Maintenance Specialist
- Facility Use Request- requests for use of the Senior Citizens building for events. This request can be placed with the TBK Administration office.
- Water - residents without running water can pay for water. Community members can fill up by the Senior Citizens Center.
- 50 gallons = $1.84
- 300 gallons = $9.71
- Clerical services- incoming and outgoing fax, emailing, typing, copying, etc.
- Incoming fax - .50 per page + 5% tax
- Outgoing fax/email- 1st page is $3.00 and additional page is $1.00 plus 5% tax
- Copies- .50 per page + 5% tax
- Typing- 1.00 per page + 5% tax
- Proof Of Residence - 5.00 + 5% tax
- Showers at the Senior Citizens Center for community member
- Trash Service - Pay per Bag or Purchase Card for 30 ba
- Per Bag - $1.48 plus 5% NNST = $1.50 Per Bag
- Card - $30.00 plus 5% NNST = $31.50 for 30 bags (cost per bag is 1.00)
PLANNED LOCAL EVENTS, MEETINGS, WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCES
Tohajilch'al Project Completion Celebration - March 12, 2016
Meeting Hall Dedication and Opening - TBD
2016 Intergenerational Conference - June 17, 2016